New : B-Nat® Bio-based PE shrink film
- Bolloré launches B-Nat®, the first ultrathin packaging shrink film on a basis of green polyethylene.
- B-Nat® consists for more than 40% of a polyethylene produced from sugarcane ethanol.
Sugarcane for a lower environmental impact
- In the current global context of high fossil fuel dependency, and facing the depletion of the planet’s resources, sugarcane derived ethylene is a sustainable alternative.
- Applications include printed and converted paper products, items packed inlightweight trays and boxes, and softer products. The high free shrink in BRX allows pakaging of irregularly-shaped items, and produces the highest quality pacakge aesthetics for shelf appeal.
- Natural resources are renewable. The green polyethylene resulting therefrom provides the same performance as a fossil polyethylene. At the end of its useful life, the recycling properties are identical to those of a petrochemical PE.
- B-Nat® is developed to minimise its environmental impact. Bolloré has chosen a green PE from Brazil-based supplier Braskem.
- B-Nat® is developed to offer the most attractive shelf presentation. Therefore, its optic properties are optimised.
- Its cohesion strength makes it a good candidate for multipacking applications.
- The unique technical properties of B-Nat® ensure excellent results, from manual to automatic high speed machines.
- B-Nat® is available in a thickness of 15µm, flat or centerfolded.
- Information on printed B-Nat® can be obtained on simple request.